The Build Your Standout Resume course by Resume Pilots walks you through crafting your perfect resume step-by-step.
You'll learn how to write compelling, effective content that grabs the attention of recruiters, tailor your resume to specific job postings, and naturally incorporate relevant keywords to help your resume pass ATS screenings.
We'll teach you proven strategies you can use to persuasively convey your skills and abilities and make the strongest first impression possible.
Research shows that in today's competitive online recruiting environment, recruiters often spend just over 7 seconds initially looking at a resume. Our mission is to help ensure yours makes the cut.
The course includes:
- Concise video tutorials that provide step-by-step guidance for crafting your document
- Resume template formatted for optimized skim-value and ATS compatibility
- Brainstorming tools that will help you highlight your strongest attributes
- Worksheet for crafting effective bullet points
- Reference sheet template
This course will help you if:
- You aren't getting interviews with the current resume you are using
- You are seriously considering a position and want to be sure that your resume meets recruiter expectations
- You have never created a resume before or haven't updated yours recently
- You want peace of mind, knowing that the document you submit will present your skills and abilities in the best possible light and maximize your odds of landing interviews
Matt, a Certified Professional Resume Writer, studied business communication with leading professors at Cornell University.
He also served as a Communication Consultant in Cornell’s Communication Center, where he helped students craft their job-search materials.
After graduating from Cornell, Matt worked in the corporate sector for Fortune 500 companies, where he discovered that otherwise qualified candidates were frequently rejected from interview opportunities due to poorly written resumes.
As friends and colleagues reached out to Matt for resume help, he began writing professionally—and founded Resume Pilots, where he and his team bring writing excellence, superior service, and market expertise to applicants who are looking for job-search services beyond mere resume assistance.
For over eight years now, Matt has been writing resumes and cover letters for job seekers from all backgrounds, including recent graduates, experienced professionals, and executives.
"When you search for a new job, you’ll deal with countless factors that are beyond your control. But you have complete control over how you present yourself on paper.
"The Resume Pilots team has developed a full-service program that helps you to highlight your key credentials and adapt them for those positions and organizations where you best fit.
"The return on your investment will be immeasurable: the gift that keeps on giving."
- Professor Craig Snow, Management Communication, Cornell University